Monday, July 28, 2008

The Presidential Candidates

As election day draws ever closer, I am becoming increasingly distressed with both presidential candidates. I'm not particularly pleased with either John McCain or Barack Obama. I'm afraid that John McCain will be another George W. Bush, and do essentially nothing but chill with the oil companies. His most recent TV ad was increasingly disturbing in which he called upon drilling for more oil and blaming Obama for high gas prices. In this avenue, I think that I am more of a liberal, than a conservative. If anything, we need to end our oil addiction, and as soon as possible ween over to alternative energy sources, not drill for more oil. I cannot even fathom what prompted this shallow, idiotic commercial, but I could not believe that McCain would even ever consider approving such a message. I do however, give credit to McCain's experience with government and politics, in which he towers above Obama.
I am intrigued with Obama's charisma and sense of 'freshness', however I fear that his lack of experience would be a defining downfall. Another big warning sign is the questionable people that he spends his time with, and they say that who you hang out with defines who you are. Once he began to gain popularity, his wife Michelle stated "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country." !!! What the hell is that?? We don't need that kinda narcissistic crap! If she doesn't like it here in America, why doesn't she go check out Iran and see how she likes it there. I don't like the idea of such a vain pessimist as first lady. Another huge red flag is Obama's pastor of 20 years, Rev. Wright, who blatently said, "God damn America!" Again, what the hell!?! Seriously, despite America's mistakes and downfalls, it definately does not call for God's damnation. And what does this fact that Obama is surrounded by bumbling idiots say about himself?? He seems like a cool, fun guy, but these facts greatly concern me.

No comments: